ST. THOMAS INSTITUTE FOR SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, PROMOTED BY THE MAR THOMA CHURCH EDUCATIONAL SOCIETY
The St Thomas lnstitute for Science and Technology was set up by the Mar Thoma Church Educational Society, at St Thomas Nagar, Mukkolakkal, Trivandrum. The Society was registered on 11th May, 1966 under the Travancore Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act, 1955 with an intention to provide affordable and high quality education without regard to caste, creed or colour. The Patron of the Society is the Most Rev, Dr Joseph Mar Thoma Metropolitan and the President is the Rt. Rev. Thomas Mar Timotheos, Bishop of the Kollam – Thiruvananthapuram Diocese of the Mar Thoma Church. The Society runs three reputed English Medium, Co- Educational Schools - St.Thomas Residential School (ICSE Syllabus), St Thomas Central School (CBSE Syllabus) and St. Thomas Higher Secondary School (State Syllabus) and a Teacher's Training College viz., St Thomas Training College in the Campus at Mukkolakkal other than the Engineering College which is situated in a 29 acre campus near Kattaikonam, Kazhakkoottam, Trivandrum.