Activities (Unit no.219 & Unit no. 531)
Women's Day Celebration
International Womens Day: A special program on International Womens day will be held at Seminar Hall on 08/03/2019
The special camping program of the NSS was held from 21/01/2019 to 27/01/2019. The venue of the 7 day camp was at St. Thomas Institute for Science and Technology, Kattaikonam, Trivandrum.
SEVEN DAY SPECIAL CAMP
The seven day camp was attended by 80 volunteers, Program Officers and 2 staff members. The theme of 7 day camp was Energy Conservation and Management.
The camp includes yoga, seminars on various socially important topics, talk shows, classes about energy conservation. Every day various cultural programs were conducted from 8.30pm to 9.30pm
- 1. Green campus intiative planted 50 tree saplings in the campus on16/8/18
- 2. Independence Day celebration in the campus.
- 3. Care for Cure was inagurated by Adv.V.Prasanth (Hon.Mayor, Trivandrum Corporation)
- 4. STIST NSS units is collected 4200Kg old news papers and raised an amount of Rs.50000 .The amount was given to two school children affected with cancer.
- 5. On Gandhi Jayanthi day, a Clean campus programme was conducted and plastic inside the campus was collected making STIST a plastic free zone.
- 6. Inaguration of Vegetable farming of STIST National Service Scheme unit's
- 7. Awareness on Fire and Rescue was conducted in association with Department of Fire and Rescue services, Govt. of Kerala.
- 8. Seven day special camp for NSS units was conducted at Govt.UPS, Kattaikonam.
- 9. 69th Republic day Observence was celebrated by hoisting flag.
- 10. The NSS volunteers conducted an activity to remenber freedom fighters. A poster making competition was conducted with the theme UNITY IN DIVERSITY.
- 11. A session on Anti drug Awareness by Shri. Rishi Raj Singh IPS.
- 12. Planting of 20 herbal medicinal saplings in the campus
- 13. Visited Karunya vishranti Bhavan (cancer palliative care & old age home) and distributed 130 food packets collected by NSS Volunteers.
- 14. NSS volunteers celebrated Womens Day and discussed on the topic "Freedom of women in present scenario" .