Training & Placement Cell
Training and Placement Cell of St.Thomas Institute For Science and Technology (STIST) bridges academics with the industrial practices, so that under the supervision of experts, each one of our learners get opportunity to relate learning experiences with prevailing practices meaningfully. T&P Cell frequently conducts tests, seminars and classes by participating experts to instill and foster personality development skills in our students, which is helpful for them to achieve their career goals. Apart from these the students are strengthened further with training programmes focused towards industry needs. It also facilitates the process of placement of students passing out from the Institute besides collaborating with leading organizations and institutes in setting up of internship and training program of students. The Training & Placement Cell provides the infra-structural facilities to conduct group discussions, tests and interviews besides catering to other logistics. The Office interacts with many industries. The industries which approach the institute come under the purview of: Core Engineering industries, IT & IT enabled services Manufacturing Industries, Consultancy Firms.
The objectives of Training & Placement cell are:
- To manage all the placement and internship related activities at STIST.
- To correspond with prospective companies for interview date and schedule of events & to arrange interview facilities at the campus and written test halls.
- To prepare the students for campus recruitment process by arranging training in Aptitude tests, group discussions, preparing for Technical and HR interviews through professional trainers.
- To facilitate the Summer Internship/Training of Final & Pre Final Students by coordinating with Industry.
- To organize guest lectures by senior corporate personnel and most importantly by the immediately placed senior students.
Institute Placement Committee:
The placement related activities, at the Institute, are carried out by Placement committee – it comprises of faculties from various departments of the institute. Student representatives from various branches who are in their final year are also appointed as committee members. Students who are in their final year and interested in availing placement support from institute, are made to register themselves for placement.