Women Harassment Committee
Women Harassment Committee - Ensuring a Safe and Respectful Environment
Introduction: St. Thomas College is committed to fostering a safe and inclusive environment for all its members. In accordance with the Supreme Court Judgment and guidelines issued in 1997, which emphasize the importance of gender equality and protection against sexual harassment and abuse, the University Grants Commission (UGC) has advised universities to establish a permanent cell and committee to address these issues effectively. In alignment with these guidelines, St. Thomas College has formed a dedicated Committee against Sexual Harassment.
Our Mission: The Women Harassment Committee at St. Thomas College is dedicated to promoting a work and academic environment that is free from all forms of sexual harassment, violence against women, and ragging. We strive to create an atmosphere where every individual feels respected, safe, and empowered to raise concerns without fear of retaliation.
- To prevent and address instances of sexual harassment within the college community.
- To raise awareness about gender equality, respectful behavior, and consent.
- To provide support and guidance to individuals who have experienced or witnessed harassment.
- To ensure the implementation of policies and guidelines that promote a safe environment.
- To organize workshops, seminars, and awareness campaigns on gender issues.